This page is devoted to Lentenor, this stunning four year old colt is the younger brother of Barbaro, Nicanor, and the older brother to Margano. While he has been on a break since his last race at Keeneland on October 16, 2010, he should be making his return to the track late spring, early summer of 2011. I expect Lentenor to show just how good of a racehorse he really is, he just needs a couple of races under his belt after he returns.
Here is Lentenor's race record, along with photos and videos I have been lucky enough to take of this magnificent colt over the last year and a half.
A huge thank you to Heather Lewis for letting me post her photos of Lentenor from his last race at Keeneland on October 16, 2010. They are stunning Heather!
*Added on Lentenor's fourth Birthday, April 20, 2011:
"Gretchen and Lentenor"
It was shortly after he was born and Gretchen went down to Lexington, Kentucky visit the foal at Mill Ridge Farm.
She told the story to a group of alumni who were assembled at Chestnut Hill College outside of Philadelphia to hear her and Pat Chapman speak about their relationship with horses. It was a wonderful presentation--one that I told both of them they should consider taking on the road.
In any event, Pat Chapman had asked Gretchen how the foal was. And Gretchen described her visit in which she climbed into the paddock and the foal came right over to her. "I thought that was unusual," she said. "Foals rarely leave their mothers." And then the young Lentenor stood perfectly still and submitted to Gretchen running her hands over his entire body, getting a literal feel for his conformation. "That too was odd," she thought. "Foals never stand still."
Then Gretchen stepped back to give the foal a once over from a distance. He turned a looked at her and then he nickered. "That," she told the audience, "was truly amazing. Foals never talk to anyone except their mothers."
Happy Birthday Lentenor...
Career Racing Summary:
8 Starts, 1 Win, 2 Seconds, 2 Thirds, 1 Fourth, Earning's $84,206
1. October 31, 2009 Keeneland, Maiden Special Weight, Julien Leparoux, 3rd Place, Chart
2. November 28, 2009 Aqueduct, Maiden Special Weight, Jose Lezcano, 2nd Place, Chart
3. January 20, 2010 Gulfstream Park, Maiden Special Weight, John Velazquez, 1st Place, Chart
4. February 17, 2010 Gulfstream Park, Allowance, John Velazquez, 2nd Place, Chart
5. March 20, 2010 Gulfstream Park, $750,000 Florida Derby (Grade I), Alan Garcia, 4th Place, Chart
6. August 24, 2010 Delaware Park, Allowance, Jose Valdivia Jr., 3rd Place, Chart
7. September 25, 2010 Delaware Park, $251,050, Kent Stakes (Grade III), Gabriel Saez, 7th Place, Chart
8. October 16, 2010 Keeneland, Allowance, Robby Albarado, 7th Place, Chart
1. Lentenor Before His Second Career Start
2. Lentenor in the Paddock
3. Lentenor Ready To Race!
4. Lentenor After The Race